There are several varieties of windows to consider when replacing or adding new windows to your home. The Window Source offers several different styles incuding Bay windows and Bow windows, which both offer added light and also a feeling of more square footage in your home.
Bay & Bow Window Installation in Tri-Cities
What is a bay window?
A bay window is a great option to add more space to your home and make any room feel a bit larger. The bay window projects out from the wall of your home and it contains. three window units. The middle window is parallel with the wall of your house. The bay window adds extra space where it juts out from the house. In most cases, the middle portion is a picture window giving you optimal views of your yard or scenery. The other two units are usually double-hung or casement windows. A bay window is timeless and a great addition to any room.
What is a bow window?
Similar to a bay window, a bow window also projects out from the house. Giving the illusion of more space inside and also offering an unobstructed view outside. The bow window usually contains three to six window units of equal size. The bow window forms a curve by combining the multiple window units. Ventilating casement units are typically selected in a bow window with an optional non-operating picture window as well.
What is a good location for a bow or bay window?
You have several options when you’re thinking about adding or replacing a bay or bow window. Any place in your home with a picture window has the potential for an incredible bow or bay window. Every window is custom-made and requires no structural changes. It is also cost-effective and will add a new dimension to the room and exterior of your home. You’ll enjoy feeling like your home has more space inside. The new window can also be tied into an overhang or installed with an optional roof assembly.
Bow and Bay Window Features:
- Multi-chambered 3 1/4 inch vinyl window frames
- Heavy-duty solid wood buck frame with steel mullion rods securely supports entire bow or bay unit
- Head and seat are 1-inch exterior grade plywood with birch veneer paintable finish or upgrade to stainable oak.
- Double-hung, casements and picture windows are available with an interior wood grain finish for a completely finished wood grain appearance
- Structure supports spacious projection for visual depth and utility
- Warm edge spacer system
- Exterior vinyl cladding is completely maintenance-free
- Can be built into exterior soffit area for protection and a finished look
- Optional shingle roof package
- Optional superior insulated seat board
- Meets Energy Star requirements with select glass packages